Monday, November 24, 2008

Hot, flat, and dickish

Fosco always suspected that self-involved neoliberal know-it-all Thomas Friedman was kind of a dick. Now we have proof! From his most recent NYTimes column:

I go into restaurants these days, look around at the tables often still crowded with young people, and I have this urge to go from table to table and say: “You don’t know me, but I have to tell you that you shouldn’t be here. You should be saving your money. You should be home eating tuna fish. This financial crisis is so far from over. We are just at the end of the beginning. Please, wrap up that steak in a doggy bag and go home.”
Yeah right, like Thomas Friedman would ever say "you don't know me" to anyone. More likely he starts off with "you may remember me from such awards as the Pulitzer Prize and such best-selling books as Globalization Orgasm!."

Of course, Friedman can still eat at restaurants--he's got all that money from mustache rides.

No comments: