Thursday, September 14, 2006

Drawing Restraint 9: Eight things NOT overheard on the way out of the theater...

It's 9 pm, and Fosco just returned from another day trip to San Francisco to see yet again Matthew Barney's film Drawing Restraint at the SFMOMA. (It turns out that the film is just like Miss E...so addictive!)

Fosco is exhausted (and stuffed with Nanking scallops). He is (finally) ready to write his full review of the film and exhibit--look for it tomorrow. Until then, do two things:
1. Watch the trailer.
2. Enjoy the following bit of silliness.
(N.B., if you don't know much about the film, some of these will be funnier after you read Fosco's full review tomorrow).

Eight Things that Fosco did NOT overhear on the way out of the theater:

  • "My favorite part was the dialogue."
  • "I wish it had been longer."
  • "Now I'm hungry for sushi!"
  • "I don't understand what he sees in Bjork..."
  • "I hear there were script problems from day one."
  • "I still don't understand why Gene Shalit hated it."
  • "What do you think Bjork will wear to the Oscars this time?
  • "Who did the music?"
It's bedtime for Fosco. Until tomorrow, I remain
FOSCO.

No comments: