Monday, September 24, 2007

Two Truths and a Lie: So Much Wrong

Two horrible truths about capitalism, plus a lie from Monday's craziest man.

  • According to today's Santa Cruz Sentinel, the SC housing market is going soft. The median home price is slipping a little. But wait, working people, don't get too excited. Home ownership is not yet in your future. That's because the median home price in Santa Cruz County is... wait for it... $770,000. Am I the only one who finds this repugnant?

  • My favorite article in the news today: a profile of George H.W. Bush's pool boy at SFGate.com. His name is James Razsa, he gets paid $9 an hour, and he hates the people he works for. I think I love him.
    "If every American had to pool-boy for these people for a day, you'd have a revolution on your hands."
    That basically sums up lesson #1 of what Fosco wants to teach his students every quarter.

    My favorite James Razsa quote: "I look at the biggest middle finger in the world all day." This guy should have a commentary segment on YouTube.

  • I don't know if you heard... but the President of Iran or someone gave some sort of speech in NYC today. Mahmoud "Bruce" Ahmadinejad is insane, anti-Semitic, and misogynist. I bet he would really hate homosexuals. Luckily, he doesn't have to deal with any:
    "In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country.”

    The audience booed and hissed loudly. Some laughed, uncomfortably.

    “In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon,” Mr. Ahmadinejad continued, undeterred. “I do not know who has told you that we have it."
    No gays in Iran? How is that possible? Oh, I see now.

No comments: