Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eraserhead 2: The Geithnering

Following a suggestion from his old friend Keith, Fosco offers for your consideration: Jack Nance in David Lynch's Eraserhead and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner.


Spooky, huh? I'd make a joke about something from the plot of Eraserhead, but

  1. I have little confidence that many of my readers have seen it.
  2. I don't really remember much about it myself.
To the best of my recollection, I think there was some dancing involved. And some horrible worm creatures. Actually, the film is probably not too much different from recent meetings at the Treasury.

submit to reddit
submit to reddit

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Do you think Geithner has horrible anxieties about reproduction? Is U.S. fiscal policy being dictated by the lady behind the radiator?

Professor Batty said...

Stanley Kubrick would hold private screenings of Eraserhead for his friends at his English estate.

FOSCO said...

@Jeremy: Oh, I had forgotten about the lady behind the radiator!

@Prof. Batty: To be a fly on that wall...