Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Illinois: Now with a Sufjan Stevens soundtrack!


Until I left for college, I lived within two hours drive of Chicago. Consequently, the Second City has been the site of many of my most treasured memories:


  • One of the best dinners of my life: TRU
  • Walking along Frank Gehry's Bridge to Nowhere at Millenium Park.
  • A Cubs playoff run (the last one that will occur in my lifetime).
  • Making out with my girlfriend Sloane (a total ringer for Mia Sara) in front of the Chagall windows at the Art Institute.
  • The complete Wagner Ring cycle at the Lyric Opera.
  • A night of debauchery at Crobar.
  • And that time that I was soaked with Dave Matthews's feces. It still beats his music!


Oh, City of Broad Shoulders! Hog Butcher for the World!

But, at the most basic level, my most trenchant memories of Chicago will probably involve what we see in the picture above: road construction and traffic.

Go to hell, Illinois. I'm sick of you and I'm sick of your crap.

No comments: